Weekly Clinical Service Dose: 3 Simple Stretching Exercises at Your Desk
Here are a few of the many benefits of stretching:
- Improved circulation
- Better range of motion of the joints
- Decreased muscle tension
Stretching exercises at your desk #1
Shrug your shoulders — to release the neck and shoulders
- Inhale deeply and shrug your shoulders, lifting them high up to your ears. Hold. Release and drop. Repeat three times.
Stretching exercises at your desk #2
Loosen the hands with air circles
- Clench both fists, stretching both hands out in front of you.
- Make circles in the air, first in one direction, to the count of ten.
- Then reverse the circles.
Stretching exercises at your desk #3
Shake out the hands. Stretch your back with a “big hug”
- Hug your body, placing the right hand on your left shoulder and the left hand on your right shoulder.
- Breathe in and out, releasing the area between your shoulder blades.
Have a question? Contact us at AskANurse@DirectPathHealth.com