Weekly Clinical Service Dose: Celebrate Father’s Day and Men’s Health Month in June
Father’s Day is Sunday and it’s a time of year when people appreciate the men in their life. It’s also a perfect time for men to focus on their well-being since June is Men’s Health Month.
Fact: Men die at higher rates than women from
• Heart disease
• COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
• Liver disease.
When it comes to preventing, and managing such diseases here are five tips to keep in mind to promote healthy habits for yourself or the man in your life.
- Help them eat a balanced diet with fruit, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and dairy.
- Assist them by helping them limit intake of foods with high amounts of added sugar, salt and fat.
- Exercise with the man in your life on a regular basis. Even a short 10-minute walk can help improve their health.
- Support them by making sure they manage thee stress for mental wellbeing.
- It’s important to get enough sleep each night at least 8 hours.
Have a question? Contact us at AskANurse@DirectPathHealth.com