Weekly Clinical Service Dose: Cultivate friendships! It will help improve your health!
Call a friend! Schedule a get together.
Friends and friendship can:
- Double your chance of surviving cancer
- Help you better cope with stress
- Decrease you risk of cardiovascular disease
- Increase your chance of living longer by 50 percent
- Help you fight a cold
- Ease body aches and pains
- Improve your coping skills
- Energize you
- Make you laugh
- Boost your happiness
- Let you feel connected, appreciated, and loved
- Influence you’re eating and exercise habits
Think of which friend:
Would help you improve your eating vs. encourage you to order another round of nachos?
Would take a walk or go to a Zumba class with you?
Studies find that being face to face with friends creates positive effects that help reduce stress, depression and so much more.
Have a question? Contact us at AskANurse@DirectPathHealth.com