DirectPath is committed to driving meaningful experiences to promote racial, religious and gender equality and inclusion.
This commitment is core to who DirectPath is and the difference we make in those we support.
At DirectPath, we recognize diversity and inclusion as essential in our day-to-day business operations, not only for our employees but also for our clients and the communities in which we operate. We celebrate our values of doing what’s right, respecting others, and providing a meaningful experience and supportive work environment. We do this in the following ways:
- We value the employees who work together to serve our clients and their employees, and we develop practices and policies to help them thrive in the workplace.
- We invest in our team by giving them opportunities to grow professionally, take care of themselves and their families, and make a difference for our clients and our communities.
- We embrace diversity and strive to give everyone access to the same opportunities. We do this through inclusive work environments and workforce diversity, in addition to our Equal Employment Opportunity and Harassment-Free Workplace Policy.
- We have made Election Day a “no meeting day” to extend our policy, offering scheduling flexibility to enable our associates to exercise their right to vote during National elections.
- We are committed to offering clients (and their employees) services and experiences that meet their diverse needs – regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, or gender.
- We believe in being good neighbors wherever we operate, focusing on creating opportunities for our teams, in addition to accelerating economic development and vitality, and help power the prosperity and wellbeing of our communities.
- We are focused on nurturing a diverse workforce in the communities where we do business with equitable access to hiring, development, and advancement.
- One of our most significant opportunities to foster communities is by supporting employee volunteer efforts and through the DirectPath charitable trust.
Inclusivity is a core value at DirectPath, and we’re proud of our work to be an open and welcoming company. We are reminded every day that we need to continue to work urgently to build an inclusive environment for all. And more specifically, we know we need to go deeper to create equity with our employees and client employees—particularly within the health care space. We are committed to using our resources to create positive change.
Building on DirectPath’s Inclusivity Value
DirectPath has a responsibility—to our employees, our communities, and the clients we serve—to do our part in advancing social justice and racial equity.
As we resolved to face anxiety, fear, and sorrow with purpose, we established the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee to advance this work at a very critical moment in time. This group of employees from across DirectPath has job responsibilities that reflect essential areas of focus and represent a diverse range of perspectives and expertise. They work hand-in-hand with our Leadership Team to drive this important work forward.
CSRC Aspirations and Areas of Focus
The CSRC’s work is uniquely focused on advancing racial, religious, and gender equality for our employees and clients across all areas of our business and communities. To create the most impact across our business, the CSRC is aligned around four key areas of focus: Team, Clients, Communities and Civic Engagement and Public Policy.
- Team: We’ll start with our team, where we’ll focus on creating a workplace where employees of all races, religions, genders and ethnicities can build meaningful careers and have success at every level.
- Clients: We’ll continue our work to create an environment where our clients and their employees feel welcome and see themselves represented throughout their experience with DirectPath, including with the services we provide, our marketing and online presence.
- Communities: The CSRC will specifically focus on fueling the economic, social, and structural vitality of communities of color across the country, also looking at where we can help our business remain relevant within these communities.
- Civic Engagement and Public Policy: DirectPath will work with policymakers on issues where our expertise in employee benefits and health literacy will make a difference. We will also focus on how DirectPath can contribute to and support non-partisan efforts to raise awareness of elections and encourage fair, accessible, and safe voting.
The CSRC is steadfast in its mission to create lasting change and a meaningful impact for our employees, clients, and the communities we serve. With the support and guidance from the entire leadership team, the CSRC will set specific, measurable goals to define success across this work and regularly report our progress.
- Accountability: To ensure that we drive meaningful outcomes, we’ll create measurable goals against each of the four focus areas.
- Transparency: We’ll be transparent about this work, including where we meet or fall short of our goals, and what progress we’re making in our mission to create lasting change.
- Engaging Employees: We’ll continue to systematically engage and listen to feedback from our employees regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, or religion along the way, so their experiences and perspective help guide the Committee’s work on an ongoing basis.
- Enterprise Effort: We’ll establish working teams across the organization to ensure that the enterprise understands its role in driving this work forward.