The challenge of paying for health care is a leading cause of financial stress for consumers—which in turn causes more health problems - resulting in higher employer costs as well.
A study performed by The Pension Consultants quantified the cost of financial stress due to absenteeism, disengagement, lack of presenteeism, turnover, alertness, and ethics. A hypothetical company of 1,000 employees lost $5.5 million annually—even BEFORE factoring in the additional cost of health care due to financial stress.
How to break this vicious cycle? Help employees set aside funds that can help them pay for health expenses—and add more money to their paycheck simultaneously.
Tax-advantaged reimbursement plans (TARPs)—such as flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts and health reimbursement accounts enable employees to set aside funds on a pre-tax basis to pay for current and future health costs.
But these plans only help if employees are aware of them, understand them, and ACTUALLY use them.
DirectPath is the only TARP partner offering dedicated account managers who work with you to empower your employees to take care of their current and future health care expenditures, reducing their financial stress.
Working with DirectPath:
- Improves participant understanding and appropriate use of TARPs
- Allows employees to easily manage their accounts anywhere, any time, on any device
- Dramatically reduces costs and improves efficiencies
- Maximizes engagement with and utilization of accounts
- Reduces financial stress on the health and productivity of your workforce